As an Archaeological Manager in the CAU’s senior leadership team, Emma shares responsibility for the strategic development and performance of the Unit, with specific responsibility for the field teams. Emma is also responsible for the development and successful delivery of a wide range of archaeological project types, with an emphasis on repeat work in complex, multi-phase landscapes. She is experienced in designing and managing cost-effective programmes of archaeological evaluation and mitigation. Emma also facilitates and manages the post-excavation phases and publication of many of the CAU’s major projects.
Projects Emma has managed include AstraZeneca’s new Global Research and Development Centre and Corporate Headquarters at the Cambridge Biomedical Campus and the ongoing development of the Babraham Research Campus, as well as sites ranging from quarries to large-scale housing developments. She also leads the CAU’s involvement, in collaboration with MOLA, with the A428 Improvement Scheme and the forthcoming publication phases of the East Anglia One project.
Following an MA in Landscape Archaeology at the University of Sheffield, Emma (re)joined the CAU in 2002 as a Field Archaeologist, going on to become a Project Officer and Lithic Specialist, during which time she was involved in the publication of several of the region’s key prehistoric sites. She became a Project Manager in 2007 and is a Member of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists.
Beadsmoore, E., D. Garrow & M. Knight. 2010. Refitting Etton: space, time and material culture within a causewayed enclosure in Cambridgeshire. Proceedings of the Prehistoric Society 76: 115–134. DOI 10.1017/S0079497X00000475 link
Evans, C. with E. Beadsmoore, M. Brudenell and G. Lucas. 2009 Fengate Revisited: Further Fen-edge Excavations, Bronze Age Fieldsystems and Settlement and the Wyman Abbott/Leeds Archives. Oxford: Oxbow Books.
Garrow, D., E. Beadsmoore & M. Knight. 2005. Pit clusters and the Temporality of Occupation: an Earlier Neolithic Site at Kilverstone, Thetford, Norfolk. Proceedings of the Prehistoric Society 71: 139–157. DOI 10.1017/S0079497X00000980 link